Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Toronto Comic Arts Festival 2010: Jason Loo

One of the Mississauga Library System's finest gets interviewed by the National Post! Read all about it below.

Toronto Comic Arts Festival 2010: Jason Loo
by: Mark Medley

The 2010 edition of the Toronto Comic Arts Festival -- TCAF for short -- takes place May 8 and 9 at the Toronto Reference Library. This year's line-up of cartoonists, artists, writers, graphic novelists, and other sorts is fantastic, and in the lead-up to TCAF The Afterword would like to introduce you to some of the talent attending this year's festival. Just like like year, we've devised a fun little questionnaire so they can speak for themselves.

Who are you? Why are you coming to TCAF?
My name is Jason Loo. I will be promoting the webcomic series The 3 Second Rule (http://the3secondrule.com/), with my buddy Arthur Dela Cruz. He writes and I draw. I'll be passing out flyers in hopes that people will join our Facebook fan page.

Have you been before? If so, what's your fondest TCAF memory?
This will be my third time exhibiting. One of my fondest memories at TCAF happened a few years ago when I was drawing unflattering portraits of my friends which they still have till this day.

Do you make a living from comics? If not, what's your day job?
Hell, no. I work full-time at a library in Mississauga playing with puppets and dressing up in costumes.

If you could have dinner with one other artist attending this year's festival, who would it be and why?
Brian Hoang, the artist/writer behind the graphic novel series Medicine. He's also a good friend of mine. I'm hoping to crash at his place during the weekend. Are you reading this, Brian?

Would you recommend your work to someone who'd never read a comic book before? Why or why not?
Yeah, since my comic is free on the world wide web. It's an action-buddy-comedy series, so for all the fans into Rush Hour, Lethal Weapon, and 48 HRS, check it out!

Who'd play you on the big screen in an adaptation of your life?
It'll be in CGI and Bob Newhart would voice my character since I tend to stammer a lot.

from: National Post

No comments:

Post a Comment